Monday, November 14, 2011

The Purple Pig


I recently visited Chicago for the first time in October 2011 and I LOVED it!!! There were so many amazing restaurants, but this place stood out to me because it was so different! My intern, Caroline, recommended that I check out The Purple Pig, and I loved it! It was so unique and cute!!! I went with a group of friends on a Saturday night and since they don't take reservations-there was a 2 hour wait. Since we were in Downtown Chicago-that was not a problem. We went next door and hung out at the terrace of The Conrad Hotel(super cute hotel), and then the hostess called us once the table @ The Purple Pig was ready. They have a patio and indoor seating, and we got seated indoors at a long table with a bunch of other people. So as you can tell by the name, The Purple Pig, they are known for their swine, wine and cheese! I am not a vegetarian, but not the hugest fan of "swine'!!! However, I totally found some amazing appetizers! My favorites included....

Salt-Roasted Beets with
Whipped Goat Cheese & Pistachio Vinaigrette


This image also includes their amazing fried brussel sprouts!!!!!! I think they were the best I have ever had :)

Another favorite...The roasted bone marrow...I know it sounds kinda creepy..but it tasted sooo buttery and delicious..especially with the warm bread ..


Thank you to my dear friend Kian for ordering this and allowing me to post this pic :)

My friends also ordered a platter of different types of pork, meats...which was served on a wooden pig!!!


If you ever visit Chicago-make sure to check this place out...But don't go too hungry because there will be a wait!!!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment